CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANTS (BAR)
CSAs are the public face of the ArtsHouse delivering the highest customer services standards throughout our venue at all times. CSAs help create a unique experience for our audiences and the smooth running of our performances and deliver a customer experience that guarantees visitors will return again and again.
The rate of pay is £8.00 per hour.
This is a casual, zero hours position.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To display the highest standards of customer care at all times, welcoming customers in a polite and enthusiastic manner, paying attention at all times to their needs.
- To respond quickly and positively to questions, requests, problems or complaints raised by customers and to resolve them effectively and courteously.
- To perform all duties to a high standard of customer care in attitude, approach and appearance.
- Serving drinks and (where relevant) food to customers efficiently and politely.
- Preparing pre-ordered interval drinks for the audience in a timely way, whilst ensuring quality is maintained. To proactively encourage customers to pre-order interval drinks in order to alleviate pressure at the bars during intervals whilst seeking to increase income generation.
- Ensuring the bar remains well stocked and notify the Bar Manager of any shortfalls and requirements, especially prior to intervals.
- To clear tables quickly and ensure the bar areas are tidy and attractive to customers.
- To ensure the correct presentation of the bars and function spaces at all times.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the bar, kitchen areas, serving counter, glasses, utensils and crockery at all times, using the correct cleaning materials.
- Checking in and storing away all stock deliveries in liaison with the Bars Supervisor.
- To follow Health and Safety guidelines at all times.
- To check for, accurately record and return lost property in accordance with lost property procedures.
- To maintain vigilance at all times to ensure security, remaining in position as instructed and prevent or deal with potential disruption to a performance.
- To assist with medical emergencies and ensure that any illness inside or outside the auditorium is dealt with correctly, summoning First Aiders where necessary.
- To ensure Licence rules are enforced and carrying out evacuation of public areas during an emergency.
- To attend regular training sessions as and when required.
- To understand the current and forthcoming programme in order to enhance the customer experience.
- Any other reasonable duties requested by the Management team.
- Commitment to providing the highest standards of customer service
- Experience of working within a public facing role within a customer care environment
- Experience of working in a bar or café.
- Experience of handling cash.
- Effective verbal and numeracy communication skills.
- Diplomacy and tact
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
Please note that only applications submitted on the ArtsHouse standard Application Form can be considered.
Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Please send completed application forms to email@example.com