Reporting to the Business Development Manager and being a member of the Commercial Team you will have a broad role involved in all aspects of the promotion of the Stratford ArtsHouse. You will be looking to increase the visibility of the ArtsHouse and its activities and performances to external audiences, stakeholders and the wider public.You will be involved in achieving the revenue targets through the identification and customer management of enquiries and community hires.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish and maintain good contacts with the ArtsHouse stakeholders including audiences, co-producers, partners, touring venues, artists and creative teams in support of sales activity
- Work with the Business Development Manager to developand implement a marketing strategy aligned to the ArtsHouse objectives
- Devise and implement appropriate marketing and advertising schedules in conjunction with media buyers and venues
- Cover the Box Office counter, selling tickets and being the welcoming face of the ArtsHouse including daily lunch cover
- Manage print requirements including liaising with designers/ printers and venues/ co-production partners to distribute print material
- Prepare information for mailing, working internally with colleagues and to mail and liaise with the mailing house to ensure accurate and effective mailings
- Co-ordinate the ArtsHouse’s email campaigns with venues and partners, including managing the Company’s email database and instigating and monitoring campaigns
- Manage the ArtsHouse’s invitations/ guest lists and complimentary ticket allocations
- Manage press and guest night events including hospitality and front of house requirements as needed
- Write effective and accurate direct mail letters and devise copy where appropriate for The ArtsHouse promotional leaflets and posters
- Work with the Business Development Manager and General Manager to co-ordinate the creation of web content and digital material as required
- Work with the Business Development Manager to develop marketing material for private hires of the auditorium space, including corporate events, weddings, parties
- Work with the Box Office and Marketing Assistant to develop the ArtsHouse social media campaigns
- When required, provide current and potential hirers with hire information, date availability, quotations, hire packages, site tours, plans, images, technical information, and supplier information.
- Work with the Sales and Marketing Assistant to identify, package and sell add-ons to the Box Office, for example, food and drink packages
- Deal with day to day hires and charity bookings
- Deal with telephone enquires and pass to relevant contacts to Business Development Manager
- Monitor spend on each element of a Marketing Campaign and ensure that the Business Development Manager is fully briefed
- Be present at the ArtsHouse performances, events and meetings as necessary
- Provide general administration support to the organisation as required
- Follow Health and Safety guidelines at all times
- Maintain vigilance always to ensure security, remaining in position as instructed and prevent or deal with potential disruption to a performance
- Assist with medical emergencies and ensure that any illness inside or outside the auditorium is dealt with correctly, summoning First Aiders where necessary
- Ensure Licence rules are enforced and carrying out evacuation of public areas during an emergency
- Attend regular training sessions as and when required
- Any other reasonable duties requested by the General Manager or Business Development Manager
- A degree in Marketing or Business
- Demonstrable experience of working within a marketing team
- Able to use IT applications to service the post’s administrative needs
- Working knowledge of social media
- Thorough understanding of marketing campaigns including using social media and other key digital platforms (including content management systems)
- An excellent communicator who enjoys meeting potential clients, and negotiating with them in an enthusiastic and motivated manner
- Ability to maintain a high standard of customer care
- Excellent administrative skills
- Budgeting and forecasting skills
- Ability to manage own workload and work autonomously
- A proactive individual who can identify new opportunities for the ArtsHouse and who can develop new initiatives and projects
- Ability to work flexibly including some evenings and weekends
- Experience in the events and / or conference industry
- Interest in theatre and the arts
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience of working in an arts venue
- Experience of computerised ticketing systems
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week and will include some evening and weekend work.
This position is available for an initial fixed term period of 12 months, however, it is hoped that the role, if successful will be extended.
Core hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm with ½ hour unpaid lunch break, however there will be a requirement for flexibility to cover evening and weekend events.
The salary for this role is £20,000 per annum
Please note that only applications submitted on the ArtsHouse standard Application Form can be considered.
Job Application Form
Once the Application Form is completed please return, by the closing date below, to:email@example.com
Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Closing date: Friday 28 April 2017